Getting a job in government agencies is a dream of many youngsters, but most of them couldn't apply as they don't even know the purpose of a particular agency and how things work over there. If you came on this website to make your mind clear about FIA, we won't let your click go unworthy.
FIA is the abbreviation of the Federal Investigation Agency and it was established in 13 January 1975. As from its name, you must have gotten the idea by now that it is a Federal Agency that deals with some serious and organized crimes. This investigation agency is under the control of the Interior Secretary of Pakistan and, its purpose is to deal with white-collar crimes like Anti-human Trafficking, Anti-corruption, Protection of Intellectual Property Rights, Cyber Crime, Money Laundering, etc. FIA also deals with mega corruption cases like fake currency matters, border crimes, immigration crimes, passport crimes also FIA can take action against institutions like WAPDA, Sui Gas, OGDCL, Banks, etc. FIA Headquarters is located in Islamabad. The federal government selects the "Director-General" of FIA and, he must be a serving PSP of BPS 21/22. Under the supervision of DG, there comes two regions i.e North Region and South Region. The supervisors of the North region and South region are ADG's i.e "Additional Director General". Within each region, there are zones. The North Region of FIA deals with the matters of 4 zones which include:
- Kpk zone ( Dera Ismail Khan, Bannu, Peshawar, and Abbottabad)
- Islamabad zone (Islamabad, Rawalpindi, GB)
- Punjab zone 1 (Lahore division)
- Punjab zone 2 (Gujranwala, Gujrat, Sargodha, Faislabad, and Bahawalpur)
The South Region of FIA deals with the matters of 3 zones which include:
- Sindh zone 1 (Hyderabad, Mirpurkhas, Sukkur, Karachi, Shaheed Benazirabad)
- Sindh zone 2
- Baluchistan (Chaman, Gawadar, Turbat, Quetta, Taftan)
FIA circles are located in these major cities of Pakistan that are mentioned above. Other offices of FIA located in different districts of Pakistan come under these circles. This is how the whole network of FIA is operating across the country. In FIA, the circle heads are called "directors". Under these circle heads, there are multiple wings means small offices for each work. The head of these wings are called "Deputy Directors" and, they are helped by investigation officers like assistant directors, inspectors, sub-inspectors, and assistant sub-inspectors, etc.
Moreover, FIA has specialized wings for every individual work.
- Economic Crime
- Cyber Crime
- Anti-Human Trafficking and Smuggling
- Integrated Border Management System
- Intellectual Property Rights
- FIA Immigration Wing
- FIA Academy
- FIA Law Wing
- FIA Technical Wing
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Counter-Terrorism Wing
Additionally, AML Cell i.e "Anti-money laundering" has been created in FIA to deal with money laundering matters. Besides, FIA not only works nationally but works internationally too. For example, through INTERPOL, international coordination regarding proclaiming offenders takes place. Furthermore, committees like JIT are established by FIA to deal with serious and mega corruption cases.
FIA’s current mission statement:
- To achieve excellence in FIA by promoting a culture of merit
- Providing continuous professional training
- Ensuring effective internal accountability
- Encouraging the use of technology and having a meaningful feedback mechanism.
Furthermore, FIA has now established 4 groups that include:
- Legal group
- Technical group
- Investigation group
- Ministerial group
That was a brief introduction to FIA; now let's move to the main question HOW TO GET A JOB IN FIA.
- First of all, the candidate must have qualifications (Bachelor, Intermediate, Matric, Primary) to apply for the posts given by FIA like Assistant, Sub Inspector, Stenotypist, UDC, LDC, Assistant Sub Inspector (ASI), Constables, Constables Drivers, Drivers, Dispatch Rider, Naib Qasid etc
- Candidates from all over the country are eligible to apply.
- The age limit is from 18 to 45 years.
- Men and women both can apply.
- Males’ height should be 5'6 ft and females’ height should be 5'4 ft.
- Salary Package is from 30,000-150,000
Online form submission criteria:
- Candidates have to submit their online applications on the official FIA job portal.
- Candidates with higher education and experience will be given preference.
- According to the revised selection procedure candidates will be shortlisted based on their online job application form.
- After that, a letter will be issued to shortlisted candidates for a Physical Assessment Test.
- Then a computer-based test consisting of MCQs will be conducted. The test contains 100 marks, and the time given to complete the test is 90 minutes.
- After this, candidates will be called for a Medical test and interview.
- The Final Medical Checking Test will be conducted in your nearest FIA center.
We hope that this brief information about FIA will be helpful for you. For any queries, feel free to use the comment box.