Get Your Australian Permanent Residency With Temporary Graduate Visa 485


Get Your Australian Permanent Residency With Temporary Graduate Visa 485

If you have completed your studies in Australia and want to extend your stay here, you will need another visa as your previous student visa will not help you now. The Temporary Graduate Visa Subclass 485 will help you stay here and study and do a job simultaneously. Two streams under this visa have separate eligibility criteria and also offer distinct benefits. So your stay duration will depend on your choice for the stream.

What is Temporary Graduate Visa 485?

Under the Temporary Graduate Visa 485, there are two streams – Graduate Work Stream Visa (GWS) and Post-Study Work Stream Visa (PSWV).
Graduate Work Stream Visa (GWS)

This visa is for an international student who has recently completed graduation in a course related to an occupation that meets the skill shortage in Australia. The general features of this visa are as follows.

  • You can stay and do a job in Australia for a maximum of 18 months.
  • You can qualify for a relevant occupation included in the skilled occupation list.
  • You can bring family members to Australia.
  • The visa gets processed in generally four months, with a maximum of 9 months.

Post-Study Work Stream Visa (PSWV)

If a student recently has completed the graduation with a degree like Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate, he or she can go for this visa. This visa will also allow you to stay and work in Australia. The general features are as follows.

  • You should hold a degree that is registered in the CRICOS.
  • This visa will allow you to stay a more extended period than GWS (2 to 4 years) based on the qualification.
  • You can bring family members to Australia.
  • Here also the processing time is around four months, with a maximum of 9 months.

What Are The Eligibility Criteria For The Temporary Graduate Visa 485?

You have to meet the following eligibility requirements for the Visa Subclass 485 approval.

  • Your age should be under 50.
  • You must have a valid Australian visa at the time of application. It means you should have applied for this visa before your student visa subclass 500 expires. Note that you must apply for this visa in a period between your CRICOS-registered course completion date and the date of visa expiry. The completion date refers to the date of publication of final results and not the Graduation day. Within six months of graduation, you should apply for a visa.
  • You should provide the relevant English language proficiency requirement. The test results you have submitted at the time of your student visa application will not hold. So, you have to retake this test and submit its score.
  • Health insurance documents also need to be submitted. You should also note that the Overseas Student Health Cover that you have availed of while studying will not serve you during the entire visa application process. When you apply, you can show to have the OSHC. During the process, you may either show OSHC or the Overseas Visitor Health Cover or OVHC. But, at the time of grant, you must show to have OVHC. As your student visa expires, your OSHC policy will also expire. 
  • You should meet the necessary health and character requirements.

To see the complete checklist documents, you should visit the official website of the Australian Immigration Department. If you contact IAA for help, they can provide you with a registered migration agent from Adelaide to guide you in every application step.

How Can You Apply For A Visa 485?

For application, you can opt to do it online, and for this purpose also, you should visit the official website of the Department of Home Affairs. Before you proceed with the entire application, you should have all the documents and payment ready. 
The cost of the Graduate Visa 485 application starts from AUD 1500. The processing time varies from one stream to the other. But in general, it is from 4 to 9 months.

How Can A 485 Visa Australia Help You To Get A Permanent Residency?

When your studies get completed in Australia, and you have received your Subclass 485 Visa , you can now set your eye on the next target – the Permanent Residency. The options to turn your Temporary Graduate Visa into a PR are as follows.

  • Temporary Skill Shortage Visa Subclass 482: One of the most crucial eligibility requirements for the TSS Visa 482 is employed in a nominated occupation, or a relevant field, for a minimum of two years. To fulfil this requirement of 2 years of employment, the 482 Visa is the best option.
  • Skilled Visas (Subclasses 489, 190, 189): Three Skilled Visas require a certain number of points. The employment experience that you have gained with your Temporary graduate visa 485 can benefit you in increasing the points as are necessary for points-based visa categories like the State Regional Provisional Visa Subclass 489, the State Sponsored Visa Subclass 190, and the Skilled Independent Visa Subclass 189. In addition, if you have worked as an engineer, accountant or an IT professional, you can have an extra advantage of a professional year that will give you 5 points to the points test. This professional year can also help in the necessary Skills Assessment test.
  • Employer-Sponsored Visa Subclass 186: This 186 Visa is a permanent one, and you will need a sponsoring employer for this visa application. Apart from it, you must have a minimum of 3 years of working experience in a field related to the specific occupation. Thus, the time you have spent in Australia with the Temporary Graduate Visa 485 (obviously with PSWV) will be beneficial.
  • Regional Sponsored Visa Subclass 187: This visa is almost identical to the previously explained visa. One key difference is that here you must have gained your working experience in an Australian regional area.

Immigration Agent Adelaide Is Here To Help You

Immigration Agent Adelaide has been providing top-quality migration services in Adelaide over the years. For any help regarding visa application or PR queries, you may get in touch with them. The top visa consultants will help you get Australian PR easily. 

Tags: Education

Related Posts

You must be logged in to post a comment.