How to Convert Videos
There are many different types of videos on the Internet today, and if you wish to watch them on your computer or mobile device you need a specific video player for it. However, what happens when your favorite video is in another format? Well, then you will either need to find an alternative file that plays that particular type of file (which may be very difficult) or you can download one of several free programs to convert files from whatever format they're currently in into something else. This is especially useful if your preferred video player does not support the file type. For example, you can convert HTML5 videos to AVI or MP4 format, so that they will play on a variety of devices without any problems.
How to Convert Videos with Online Video Converters
Using an online converter couldn't be easier: just head over to your chosen website by copying and pasting the address bar from your browser into the address section at the top of the page.
Once you have arrived at your chosen site, simply select the 'Online Video Converter' option and paste your video URL into the field provided (or upload the file itself).
You will be presented with a list of different file types (AVI, FLV, GIF, MKV, MOV, MP4, MPEG, OGG, SWF, TS, VOB, WEBM, WMV, WAV, MP3, FLAC, M4A, WMA, AAC, MP2, and OPUS) and formats to choose from: simply select which one you want and wait for it to convert. Your files will then be ready to watch whenever you like!
1. Convert a video to MP4 - use this format if you're going to share the video with other people.
2. Convert a video to AVI - use this format for videos that will be played on your computer's DVD player.
3. Convert a video from 3GP or M4V into a MPEG-1 file - these formats are used for mobile devices and iPods.
4. Converting a 3GPP2 file is similar to converting a WAV audio file, but it has higher quality sound because it uses Dolby AC-3 compression technology.
Other Tips on Converting Videos
- You can also convert videos by changing their frame rate, resolution, and aspect ratio to suit your viewers and devices. For example, if you want to change a video's aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3 or vice versa, simply adjust the letterbox option in the settings so that it matches. Similarly, you can add subtitles by uploading them as an SRT file before converting videos into other formats such as WEBM. If a video is playing too slowly or quickly, use the speed option to change it. The conversions will take around 1-3 minutes depending upon your Internet connection's speed and file size.
- If you need help with converting files, try using YouTube's converter tool. Once again, please remember that you should never change the original file and upload it as your own work! This is illegal and will get you into trouble. If you're just looking to watch a video on another device, download your chosen file and watch it locally.
- Converting videos isn't just limited to desktop computers; there are many ways of doing so on mobile devices as well! Fortunately, mobile devices are usually slightly easier to convert videos for. For example, the YouTube app for mobile devices has its own video converter that can transcode videos into formats that are supported by other apps or services. Similarly, if you put a file into Google Drive it will be available through all of your Google accounts and can be downloaded as an MP4 for your mobile device.
In conclusion, there are a number of different programs and websites for downloading to convert videos from one format into another. Which you should use depends on the particular video in question and your device(s) - but hopefully, this information will be helpful regardless!