A Summary is a method in which we shrink down long paragraphs into short paragraphs and focus on the key points of the authors.
How To Write A Summary
To write an effective summary you have to follow the points given below. If you use these points then your summary will be effective for the reader. These points are
- Needs to be clear to someone who has not read the original material.
- Give only the main points.
- No specific details, dates, or figures unless essential.
- Be concise, no wordy.
Maintain good paragraph structure (use)
- Topic sentences
- Supporting sentences
- Concluding sentences.
Topic sentence identifies the title, author, and speaker.
The Supporting sentence follows the same order as the original (when possible).
The Concluding sentence is the last sentence of any paragraph.
- No direct quotes.
- Do not add your own opinion.
5 Important Rules to Make Summary More Effective
- Made Summary from the notes.
- Do not exceed the word limit.
- Make only one paragraph and do not make many paragraphs.
- Do not use abbreviations in the summary.
- Write a complete sentence, not phrases.
- shall I compare thee to a summers day
- summary meaning
- Beowulf summary
- summary meaning in English
- how to write a summary
- rules to write a summary
- summary meaning pak24tv
- all summer in a day
- Summary Meaning, How To Write A Summary pak24tv
- summary definition
- summarize define
- define synopsis